Jones Day/Paris II/ ESSEC Student Prize
Jones Day/Paris II/ESSEC Student Prize
The global law firm Jones Day is pleased to announce the launch of the fourth edition of the Jones Day/Paris II/ESSEC Student Prize, which will be awarded to the best team of business law students in France.
The Prize is organized in partnership with the University of Panthéon-Assas-Paris II and the French business school ESSEC to recognize and reward teamwork, a quality seen as essential not only in the study of law, but also in corporate legal departments and law firms.
More than 124 students from all over France participated in the third competition for the Prize, which was won by Aude Pianet and Rémi Pison on April 20, 2017.
Competition for the Prize will bring attention to young talents from universities and business schools throughout France. To encourage the participation of students residing outside of Paris, the Prize sponsors will cover their transportation expenses.
Participation in the Prize competition is open to students who meet the following requirements:
- Applying as a team of two students
- Master 1 in business law combined with a business school degree or LL.M (ongoing or completed)
- Master 2 in business law (ongoing or completed)
- February 5, 2018: Deadline for application by email to PrixJonesDay@jonesday.com
- March 20-22, 2018: pre-selection of 12 teams and interviews with Jones Day partners
- First week of April 2018: selection of four finalist teams
- April 12, 2018: final examinations at Jones Day’s Paris Office, award ceremony and cocktails at Hôtel de Talleyrand
The two winning teams will win paid internships of 3-6 months at Jones Day and/or in a corporate legal department, cash awards of €5,000 per student of the #1 ranked team and €1,000 per student of the #2 ranked team, as well as a yearly subscription to a weekly financial magazine.
The Prize jury will include general counsel from large companies and banks, professors from the Paris II University and ESSEC School, and Jones Day partners. The 2018 Prize ceremony will be hosted by a leading figure from the world of business, the arts, or science.
If you have questions about the prize and application process, please send an email to Victoire Marcadé (firstname.lastname@example.org).