Diversity Conference for 1Ls
1L Diversity Conference
Jones Day will host "Perspectives and Pathways," our fifth annual 1L Diversity Conference, beginning with a kickoff reception at 6pm on Friday, April 3, 2020 and continuing through the day on Saturday, April 4, 2020, in New York City.
Applications for this year's conference are no longer being accepted.
Bringing together Jones Day lawyers, Firm clients, and first-year law students, this year’s conference will focus on developing your leadership and lawyering skills. There are many different pathways to success; our goal is to help you find yours.
This interactive conference will provide sessions on negotiations training and persuasive brief writing with practical advice and skills from Jones Day lawyers. Other topics include:
- How to network successfully and build long term relationships.
- Diversity and inclusion in the legal profession - Can I bring my authentic self to work?
- Judicial Clerkships.
- Integrating Pro Bono into your practice.
Participants will build a network that includes students from other law schools and Jones Day lawyers.
Applications must include a diversity statement, a resume, and a transcript.
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of Jones Day lawyers. The following criteria will be considered:
- Academic and leadership achievements.
- Obstacles, challenges, or other factors encountered in advancing career objectives.
- Life experiences that have shaped values and goals.
Travel and related expenses for the students selected to attend will be covered by the Firm.